Some of you have asked how I do my screen printing. Weeell, last year I found a tutorial on the Thread Banger blog & it is AWESOME! I've had so much fun with my new-found crafty knowledge!! So, in this post I'm just showing you pictures of my DIY screen printing journey, with my own tips listed along the way. But please VISIT HERE for the Thread Banger tutorial.
- I found all my embroidery hoops at thrift stores.
- I just use the "graphics" program 'PAINT' to draw up simple shapes to print out.
- The fabric I used is a sheer curtain fabric. At JoAnne's it's hung in the section with all those long round bolts of fabric hung horizontal on the racks, among all the decorative home decor fabrics.
- The Mod Podge part takes the longest. But, just take your time & get it all covered as evenly as you can & it'll be SOOOO worth it!
- I use Speedball Fabric Ink & ordered it online.
- I didn't have one of those fancy little screen printing squeegees, so I used a stiff piece of cardboard, & later reverted to my un-used laminated gym membership card. (haha!)
In the shop I have custom screen printed cupcake pillows & screen printed mushroom cards for sale. Look for more screen printed goodness coming soon!
- There are other methods of DIY screen printing I've seen that involve paper stencils.
- Screen printing Starter Kits are also available for sale.
Any questions? Please ask & I'll respond in the comments section so everyone gets to be part of any Q&A!
Happy Screen Printing!